Group tours are arranged on a first-come, first-served basis. Please review our group tour visit policies below, then complete the Group Tour Request Form. Our group tour coordinator will contact you within two business days about your possible visit. We appreciate your interest in visiting UT Dallas and look forward to welcoming you to campus.
Group Tour Visit Policies
- The Visitor Center hosts groups of up to 30 guests for a student-guided tour.
- If you are planning to arrange an additional visit with another department on campus on the same day, please inform the group tour coordinator on your tour request form.
- Group tours are offered at 11am each weekday dependent upon student availability.
- Group tours are not available during holidays or final exam periods. Please see the University's holiday calendar and academic calendar for details.
- One adult chaperone is required for every ten students. The chaperone(s) must remain with the student group at all times.
- Meals in the Student Union Dining Hall are available at the expense of the visiting group. We can provide the group with contact information for our food service provider for pricing and payment information.
- Group tours will last one hour for high school students and 30 minutes for elementary or middle school students. The visit will also include a welcome from one of our admission staff members. The total visit time (excluding meal at the dining hall) is about 1.5 - 2 hours.
- Groups are asked to arrive 10 minutes prior to the scheduled start time to allow members to unload the van/bus and go to the restroom before the start of the tour. We cannot guarantee a student-guided tour if your group arrives more than 15 minutes after the scheduled start time.
- Please note: Groups falling outside of the guidelines listed above may request information for a self-guided tour.
Ground Rules for Group Visits
- Students should speak and act appropriately when on campus.
- During the presentation and tour, it is expected that all electronics are turned off or silenced.
- During your campus tour, please give your full respect and attention to your tour guides and/or admission counselor.
- Visitors should stay together as a group (wandering off without permission is prohibited).
- Groups not adhering to the ground rules may not be welcomed back for future tours.
- Chaperones are expected to assist with compliance of ground rules.
Return to Group Tour Request Form